Who are we?
This Trustees Week, we’re looking for new Trustees to support our work. Our Mediators work with a range of people and communities, including neighbours, families, workplaces and schools. This
conflict resolution is a vital service and we’ve seen plenty of positive outcomes as a result.
What do we need from you?
- We’d love you to be local to us (Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells areas) so that you are aware of the local community and understand the issues that may arise
- We hold six Trustees meetings and an AGM each year – they start at 9.30am and normally last about two hours each
- It would be great to utilise your skills to seek further funding opportunities, help staff update policies and procedures or any other requirements that the staff may need.
What can we offer in return?
- Your travel expenses for coming to meetings will be reimbursed
- A friendly team and a feeling of being part of a valued organisation!
Here’s why volunteer Mediator Alison loves to be a part of West Kent Mediation:
“I started mediating in neighbour disputes for WKM in 1997 as I felt strongly that mediation worked in all sorts of areas. Problems could be solved where all parties wanted this. We do not judge or take sides. We do not tell our clients what to do. I continue to work as a mediator for WKM as I do because I continue to feel good about what we do. The training and supervision we receive as mediators is excellent. Volunteering for WKM is great.”
To express your interest, please email CEO Amanda Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)